Pages

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Riots: a Country Bumpkin's view

So as far as I see it, I live in a bubble.  I love my family, and my friends, and unless something affects them directly it doesn't normally get on my radar.  But the riots that are taking place have forced their way in, and all I can say is I am disgusted.  I don't know what the answer is, and I am glad that I am not in the shoes of David Cameron and his colleagues right now, because no matter what they do they will be damned for it afterwards.
I am delighted to hear that the police are being told they can have what they like to bring this situation under control, and I hope that lessons are learned from this so that next time the government looks at spending cuts they think twice before removing officers from the streets.
I guess what I really wanted to express is that I am British, I am proud of that and this is not us, this is not who the British people are, and this is not what the British people want.
Other than that life in rural North Lincolnshire carries on, the acts of these people have not affected us in our daily life and if they are trying to make some big statement, it's not getting through because I have no clue what they are rioting about!

No comments: