Meet Cromwell! Isn't he lovely? I am so excited because Cromwell is our first foster cat! For as long as I remember (and my parents will confirm this!) I have wanted an animal sanctuary...well that just didn't work out, so this is the closest I can get! North East Lincolnshire Animal Rescue (NELAR) is where we got Max and Muffin from, and they are currently bursting at the seams. They told me that people are dumping cats constantly, but very few kittens seem to be being adopted. At the moment they have close to sixty cats between a small number of volunteers. So while this is a really sad situation, I was happy to be able to open our home to one of their cats, especially because taking in this one cat meant that the NELAR people can take in two kittens that had been abandoned instead.
Cromwell (found on Cromwell Road, Grimsby) is a beautiful and loving cat and obviously has owners somewhere, fingers crossed they can be found, but if not he will be looking for a new home. It will be hard to part with him, because he is such a lovely cat, but obviously that's part of fostering, and we have explained to the children that Cromwell is a temporary visitor. At the moment though he is enjoying being fussed over and is quite happy following us around and exploring.
No comments:
Post a Comment