I call this blog manic mundays, not because I am a manic depressive but because we always seem manically busy! Today has been no exception. I have felt a little spaced today for no particular reason and have been wandering around the house starting jobs and achieving nothing. I did however, organise to collect some pallets and some blinds from freecycle. My plan was to collect them after Lewis had got home and we had tea. At this point it all went a little crazy. Nathan coughed so much he made himself sick, funny little man washed his hands, asked me for a banana muffin and started wrestling with Esaias in the space of 5 minutes. Lewis arrived home and as we were having our "debriefing session" in the kitchen while I cooked tea, I noticed the boys jabbing something with a stick. With boys, that usually means there is something dead or weird looking at the end of the stick. I went outside to find them gently poking sticks at an injured bird who was "biting" down on the sticks with his beak. The boys seemed to be under the impression that birds ate sticks! Anyhow I gave them a quick lesson in the diet of a Mistle Thrush and they went off searching for bugs and snails. Muffin was eagerly eyeing the bird, so I figured I best move the bird to a place of safety. I spoon fed it some water from a medicine spoon, with Nathan watching anxiously and whispering to the bird, "Little bird you are my friend. Take medicine from Mummy it will make you all better!"
While hastily dishing tea up I arranged to take the bird to the vet at Brigg where the RSPCA would collect it. So off we went, bird in boot, boys in back. Got to the vet and the poor bird had died en route - very sad :(
By this point we were running late to pick up the pallets, but we got there eventually and managed to squeeze four pallets in the boot and two on the roof rack. Blyborough is a lovely village, which seems to have nothing by way of shops etc, but does have a football club! Strange.
Anyhow, we then pottered off to South Kelsey to pick up the blinds. The pallets made a real rattle on the roof which the boys found hilarious. They kept singing "It's raining Golden Nuggets! Hallelujah!" as Golden Nuggets are their favourite cereal at the moment.
The lady who we collected the blinds from must have thought we were crazy!! It was a lovely little ride back home, with Lewis looking all sad as we passed into Lincolnshire, complaining, "I've got no powers!" (it's outside the Humberside Police force boundary) and then gleefully exclaiming "I've got powers!" when we crossed back over the border into North Lincolnshire!
He's now trying to put blinds up so I don't get dazzled by the sun when I wash the dishes in the kitchen, and me? I think I need some rest so I'm going to put my feet up.
Just another crazy day after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment