Pages

Saturday, 19 November 2011

It's not much to look at...

 We're not the best gardeners, we lack time, Lewis lacks desire and I lack physical strength to turn our garden into a mini Eden.  However, I still enjoy our garden.

 When I was a little girl I used to love following my Auntie Katrina who is 7 years older than me.  One of my favourite places to follow her was to feed her rabbits, which were kept in what looked liked a old and dilapidated wooden caravan.  It was full of rabbit hutches.  I loved the smell of the saw dust (she had an endless supply since my Grandad was a carpenter) and I can recall the shopping basket of water bottles we used to carry over there.
 Perhaps that's where my love of animals came from?  It gives me a great sense of peace to plod round the garden feeding the various animals we have accumulated.  The latest two to our collection are Bubbles and Smiley.  These guinea pigs were given to us because their previous owner didn't have time to look after them.  It was a hard decision for them, but I have promised they can visit!
 The kittens are keen to explore, and are just starting to peek over the fence to the wider world!
 "Chad" the rabbit is all snuggled into his winter hutch and has become a very cuddly rabbit.  I hope that in summer we can put Chad, Bubbles and Smiley in the run so they can make friends and stop Chad from being lonely!
 Dash follows me round the garden, and is so loyal, despite being called annoying several times in a day.  
Even Max will meander round the garden, but he is getting slower, grumpier and sleepier these days.
Alas, Muffin is a rare visitor these days.  It is so sad, but cats are very fickle and I strongly suspect she is being fed elsewhere.  She pops in every now and then for a cuddle but I think I am going to have to keep her in for a couple of weeks next time so she remembers where home is.

No comments: