I had been looking forward to going away this weekend all week, but it didn't turn out to be so great sadly. Because of one thing and another I only managed to get about an hours shopping on my own, but that was mostly my own fault because I just felt so bad about leaving Alison who is pregnant and poorly to cope on her own. Then as we were sat having tea, Lewis called to say that Darryl's van had broken down. Alison had to call the AA and because their cover had lapsed they charged a whopping £152 to rejoin because Darryl was already broken down. After working on the van for two hours the AA man gave up and told them they would need to pay to be towed from London to Nottingham which should have cost them an extra £250 but because the tow guy was a friend of the AA man he accepted £200 cash. Even son it cost £350 to get them home. They didn't get back until 2am and were both exhausted so Lewis and I had to stay the night, which meant us getting up at 6am today and driving back so that Lewis could be at work for 9am and I could be at Church for 10am. We are both absolutely shattered!
When I picked Caitlin up today I found she was poorly to poor little thing, which just made me feel awful for going away. She is tucked up in bed now, but her temperature is sky high and she has a blocked nose and sore throat. I am hoping it is not flu.
I can honestly say I have never been so glad to be home as I am today! On a lighter note, Lewis has pretty much lost his voice from shouting at the rugby match and says he had an amazing time. Tomorrow I shall be calling up and upgrading our roadside cover because I never want to experience anything like yesterday again!
No comments:
Post a Comment