Pages

Monday, 23 November 2009

No more chocolate for me...

Well not for the next few hours anyway! We watched a documentary last night called "Half Ton Dad" it was just crazy, the guy it was about weighed well, half a ton and hadn't moved in FOUR YEARS! I really couldn't believe what I was seeing, and I felt so sad for that man. What was really sad was that his daughter was sat feeding his four month old granddaughter a big mac! It made me realise first of all that I'm not doing too bad as a Mum since my children will quite happily eat fruit and veg, but also that it is so important that we set our children a good example, and that means I have to eat better. I spend so much time getting the children to eat fruit, and yet I don't very often grab an apple or banana to snack on. From here on in I am definitely going to try much harder to be a better example, and just incase I feel like eating a large bar of chocolate all I have to do is close my eyes and remember the sight of the surgeons cutting a 3 stone lump of fat from that man's leg!

No comments: