There is no other way to describe it really. I went to work this morning even though I really didn't feel like it because I wanted to spend the morning with Lewis as he is on 1pm to midnight today. I am so pleased we have the weekend together, yipee! Anyhow, I dropped Lewis off at work with great plans to check out the Dandi Lion Play Zone in Scunthorpe with Claire and her son Joseph, but when I got home I found that Lewis had locked the door and taken the house keys to work with him. Esaias went with Claire, while I dithered about what to do. Eventually i went to Barton Police Station and got them to send for Lewis who gave me the house keys. I had a feeling that I should go back home for the change bag and my mobile, rather than just buying a pack of nappies and wipes, even though it would only give me about fifteen minutes at the Play Zone as I had the school run to do. I am sooooo glad I did because no sooner had I started gulping down a yummy hot chocolate with the works, than Esaias had had an accident (poor thing, really not his fault) that was in his socks and everywhere. Luckily I had stuff to change him, so I did that and zipped off to do the school run. Esaias stayed with Claire and Joseph and didn't come home until 5:30pm which was nice. He had a really great time...he was shouting 'I want to play with Joseph all the time' as I carried him up to bed.
It was all a bit crazy getting tea done, then Lewis's dad stopped by to see the children which was nice but felt a bit mortified by the state of the house! After that I bathed Nathan on his own as Esaias refused to have a bath and it was lucky he did because then Nathan pooed in the bath (you see where the pooey day thins comes in?) ...nice!
I did have a nice evening with Caitlin, as we snuggled up and watched Hannah Montana and High School Musical. The shopping has just been delivered to, which was nice because we are all stocked up now. I think we may just about have a months supply of food, which is pretty cool.
I have to say I am grateful that we have all survived this day, and I will be glad when Lewis gets home and we are all tucked up in bed...I hope tomorrow is a better day!
No comments:
Post a Comment