So, we are finally on the move. The actions of our landlady has left us with a bitter taste, and I am actively trying to hold on to the good times we have had in this house. However, I am ridiculously excited about life in our new home. Chris (Mum's partner) calls it "the mansion", it's not that big, but it is pretty cool!! It is over the hills and far away, and keeping Nathan at his existing primary school is going to be HARD work, but worth it.
Pretty much everyone we have told has been a bit thrown by our decision, it is a bit of a curve ball even to us. We are getting more of a negative reaction because we are moving 20 miles down the road and keeping our children at the same schools, than the Gilberts who are moving continents... go figure.
For me, it is a fresh start that I desperately needed. Perhaps I am a having a mid life crisis (!!) but I have been yearning for a new beginning and Lewis seems to be on board with that. We have given away a lot of our stuff and furniture and WE are choosing what WE want in our home, it's a good feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment