Pages

Thursday, 17 September 2015

Throwback Thursday: Days Out

A cloudy, cold day was probably not the best for a beach outing, but my Mum was determined we should go, and I am glad we did because we had a lot of fun. From the back this child could well be Phineas, but it is actually Nathan! 
I remember buying this outfit in the Next sale, a great investment! The jeans I wore to death because they were so wonderfully comfortable. They started off as "best" jeans, went to "playing with kids jeans" through to "painting jeans" when the knees wore through, alas I have never been able to find such a pair again! 
And the top? Well I sent that on to charity two weeks ago, it served me well!

Look at my skinny, youthful self! Look at those boxy 90's cars and the "Fat Willy's Surf Shack jumper" (I never did get that) These were the days when Aiden spent hours playing his 2Unlimited record "No limit" over and over again. That song still haunts me! Pictured with Aiden and I is Pete.  At the time he was Auntie Katrina's boyfriend. He was a lot of fun, and obviously kind enough to spend the day with his girlfriend's nephew and niece at Pleasurewood Hills (LOVED that place as a kid!) I also disliked him, because he got in the way of my time with Auntie Katrina, who to me was like this magical being. I don't think I was ever happier as a child than when I was following around my Auntie Katrina. Not a morning person, she would sleep in until 10 or 11am, and every day I would sit outside her door waiting patiently. I must have been the ultimate annoyance to a teenager! But when she woke up, I had the best time ever, cleaning out her rabbits, her fish tank, watching her do Magic shows, sitting in her tree house, waiting hours for computer games to load, admiring her many collections or listening to her playing the organ. I didn't need Disney princesses as a child I had Auntie Katrina!

No comments: