At about 10 am this morning I turned to Lewis and said, "Oh by the way I've invited your family for a BBQ." You should have seen his face! Ha ha! So yes, it was all a little disorganised but we pulled a BBQ together between all of us and we had a lovely day.
May Day makes me think back to when I was at primary school. My school had around 20 children in the whole school, and was run by Mr and Mrs Acum. Mr Acum was the head teacher and taught the juniors (ages 7-11) and Mrs Acum taught the infants (4-7). It was a real quaint little village school with a nature table and all sorts of exciting ventures, stuff that Enid Blyton's book are made of! On May Day, the village of Kirmington would hold a great celebration, and during the weeks leading up to it we would learn how to dance around a May Pole for May Day. Can you imagine that happening these days??? We always had a May Queen and princesses. I got to be a princess, but alas I was never chosen to be the May Queen!
No comments:
Post a Comment