Pages

Thursday, 3 March 2011

Contrary child...

After watching an entire episode of Charlie and Lola, while contentedly sucking his thumb, snuggled up to me on the sofa, Nathan stood up and shouted..."I don't like Charlie and Lola!" hmmm, really Nathan??
Anyhow, here is a brief update on us...
Lewis - still has a job (hurrah!) and as far as I know there has been no more talk of redundancies.  Obviously no job is very safe right now, so it may happen, but all is thankfully quite right now!  Thank you so much to everyone who has kept fingers crossed/ said prayers/ wished us positive thoughts...please keep up the good work, it is working so far!
Me - Job is going well, and my wages are definitely making life easier.  I am due to start a Teaching Assistant Course on the 29th of March 2011, so all being well I will soon be qualified enough to do my job!  I love my TA job, but I have to say that my job as a dinner lady is positively relaxing after the morning session.  I think it is because I have to be completely and utterly focused on one child the whole time.  I am constantly analysing, making changes, and negotiating...it can be exhausting!
Caitlin - has settled in well at New Holland.  We have had the guitar teacher approach us and ask that Caitlin continues learning guitar at New Holland even though we have to pay at New Holland (at Wootton it was fully funded for some weird reason!) because Caitlin is very gifted.  I have to say that I think any child would do well learning guitar from him, because he exudes enthusiasm!  Having said that, I now have the opportunity to observe Caitlin in the classroom and have found that she is all that the teachers have said.  She is caring and very hard working.  I think the relaxed and happy atmosphere at New Holland will help her to excel.
Esaias - is also doing well at New Holland.  He has found a few friends, and says his days are "excellent!"  He's counting down the days until his sixth birthday.
Nathan - continues to make fabulous progress.  His language is amazing, and better than I ever dared to hope.  In addition to that he is very good socially.  He can speak, but he can also listen.  He can do, but he can also encourage others.
My children are an absolute delight, and I feel very blessed.

No comments: