It has become clear to me that sometimes it is good to talk things with your children and sometimes you just have to pull rank and say something along the lines of "Because I said so." but obviously in a nicer way. It really goes against my way of thinking but sometimes children aren't capable of understanding the full picture and we as parents need to make a decision that is in their best interest.
So looking at the bigger picture and trusting my maternal instinct I think I have decided to move the children to a different school. There are a number of reasons behind this ranging from Nathan's vast improvement in his speech, the happier environment at the other school and the financial pressure coming from their existing school. I don't like the thought of uprooting the children but they all seem ok with this decision. The main difference is Esaias who was quite distraught when we discussed moving them to a different school last time, but this time I went in with a different tact...I told him he was moving and then asked him if he had any concerns. He told me what worried him and we talked through it, by the end of a very brief conversation he was happy.
It's not set in stone as yet, but I really think it is for the best.
1 comment:
Good for you! I know you haven't been happy with Wootton school for ages, and having everyone at New Holland will make the school run(s) a lot easier. Plus, you will get to do the chav-tastic school run. We can bond!
Post a Comment